The school has computers and internet access to support the learning experience of our students. At Whitecross, we are aware of the potential concerns that parents may have regarding use of the internet. We take these concerns seriously and are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our students by using Impero Education Pro.
Our Student Rules for Responsible ICT Equipment Use include asking students to:
- only use the computers for school work and homework;
- ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet;
- only e-mail people they know, or who a teacher has approved;
- send messages which are polite and responsible;
- not share any personal information, or make arrangements to meet someone, unless a parent, guardian or teacher has given permission;
- report any unpleasant material or messages to a teacher; this report will be confidential;
- understand that the school may monitor computer, internet and network usage in line with the acceptable use policy.